Friday, November 12, 2010

Send Christoper to the musical!

The movie Autism: The Musical helped me understand Christopher in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time much better. I saw Christopher in more than one character. The first character that remind me of Christopher was Henry. Henry was cute but he has an obsession over Dinosaurs and he knew almost everything about them. He always spoke about Dinosaurs. Christopher didn’t speak much about Dinosaurs, but he spoke about math, stars, science, and things that an average person would never think about or know. I feel Henry and Christopher are alike because they are both gifted and intelligent. The second character from the movie that reminded me of Christopher was Neal. When Neal was at the park he pulled a little boy, and the boy fell and hurt himself. In the book, Christopher tells us about an incident where he hurts a girl and she had to go to the hospital. Also in the movie Neal gets a bit upset when his mother was laughing because he thought she was laughing at him. Christopher too does not like when people laugh at him as he says in chapter 67. Also Christopher doesn’t like looking at people’s faces when he is talking to them, like both Neal and Henry (chapter 67). The movie made me want to work with autistic children and help them. It also made me look at Christopher in another way. He is just a child that is lost in a big world. I still can’t believe that the author of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is not autistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment