Monday, November 15, 2010

After watching Autism: The Musical I feel like I have a pretty good visual of Christopher now. I noticed a lot of characteristics of Christopher described in the book throughout the kids in the movie. It is almost as if Christopher has one symptom from each kid in the movie. He doesn’t like loud sounds like a couple kids in the movie and he also doesn’t like being touched like some kids in the movie. The one thing I really noticed was how the kids would go into their own world like Christopher. It is almost as if the author watched this movie and based Christopher off a part of all the kids in the movie. There was not one kid in the movie that I couldn’t relate to Christopher. One of the characters I thought really related to Christopher was Henry. Henry was very knowledgeable when it came to reptiles and he would go into his own world. Christopher is the same exact way just with math and science. Henry would use his knowledge of reptiles to go into his own world and act like a reptile. Christopher used math and science to go into his own world and make him happy. One thing I noticed in Lexi was that she could really only repeat things and could not generate her own ideas or words. This is kind of like Christopher because he can’t exactly tell a lie he just leaves things out. He also has a very good memory because he can repeat things. Watching this movie was definitely a good idea because I have a much clearer picture of who Christopher really is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment