Sunday, November 14, 2010

Help to better understand Christopher

The movie Autism: The Musical helped me understand Christopher in many ways. Each kid in the movie had their own unique styles that I think Christopher related too. Henry is just like Christopher in a way of knowing a lot of information or having a lot of knowledge about a certain subject. For Henry it was dinosaurs and for Christopher it was math. These two subjects for Henry and Christopher were like an escape from the world and they became comfortable with themselves. Neal is more quiet than the rest he tends to have bad tantrums and I think that’s how he and Christopher are similar. “Siobhan asked whether Father had hit me and I said I didn’t know because I got very cross and it made my memory go strange.” This shows that like Neal, Christopher has bad tantrums to the point that he can’t even remember what happened because he blanks out. Wyatt and Christopher to the point that Wyatt doesn’t want to be in a Special Ed class for being afraid of being different and Christopher what I think Christopher proves in a way that he isn’t special because he does so well in his math classes. Adam and Christopher are more different than they are alike. I think this because Adam likes playing with kids and is occasionally is bossy. Christopher doesn’t like to play with other people, but they both don’t like very loud noises. Watching this movie helped to better understand what Christopher’s parents had to go through almost every day. In the beginning they weren’t sure how to teach or care for an autistic kid but learned to adapt and find better ways of teaching and caring for Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment